Great Filming Locations in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan is a city that is rich in history, culture, and natural beauty. It offers filmmakers and videographers a variety of locations that are perfect for filming movies, television shows, documentaries and corporate video. Whether you are looking for scenic outdoor locations or unique urban settings, Saskatoon has a lot to offer.
Here are some great locations for filming in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan:
- The Riverbank: The South Saskatchewan River flows through Saskatoon, offering filmmakers a stunning backdrop for their productions. The riverbank is an ideal location for filming nature scenes, action sequences, or romantic moments. The riverbank also offers stunning views of the city skyline, making it an excellent location for filming panoramic shots. Additionally, the many unique bridges throughout the city allow for further uniqueness to the backdrop of the riverbank.
- The University of Saskatchewan: The University of Saskatchewan is a beautiful campus that offers a range of different locations for filming. The university’s iconic buildings, such as the Diefenbaker Centre and the Bowl, make excellent backdrops for academic and historical productions. The campus’s modern architecture and lush green spaces are also ideal for filming a variety of video content.
- Broadway Avenue: Broadway Avenue is a bustling street in Saskatoon that offers filmmakers a unique urban setting. This street is lined with trendy boutiques, cafes, bars and restaurants, making it a great location for filming scenes that require an urban atmosphere. Filmmakers can use the street’s historic buildings and colourful storefronts to create a vibrant backdrop for their productions. It is also an area of the city known for its arts community and therefore may lend itself well to finding individuals interested in participating as extras in any Saskatoon video production taking place.
- Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo: The Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park and Zoo is a beautiful location for filming nature scenes. The park offers a variety of different landscapes, from wooded trails to open fields and water features. The zoo also provides a unique opportunity to film Canadian and other wildlife, making it an excellent location for documentaries and nature-based productions.
- The Delta Bessborough Hotel: The Delta Bessborough Hotel is an iconic landmark in Saskatoon, with its castle-like architecture and beautiful gardens. The hotel offers a range of different locations for filming, including grand ballrooms, elegant dining rooms, and picturesque gardens. This location is perfect for period dramas and romantic comedies. The exterior of this magnificent property makes for an ideal backdrop for interview-style filming.
- Wanuskewin Heritage Park: Wanuskewin Heritage Park is a national historic site that offers a glimpse into the history and culture of the Northern Plains Indigenous Peoples. The park’s stunning landscape, which includes prairie grasslands, river valleys, and badlands, makes it an excellent location for filming historical productions. The park also offers a range of cultural experiences, such as Indigenous dance performances and traditional teachings, making it a great location for documentaries and educational productions. The park is currently pursuing UNESCO recognition for its historic significance.
Wanuskewin Heritage Park
University of Saskatchewan
In conclusion, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, offers filmmakers and video production companies a range of locations that are perfect for filming a variety of productions. From the natural beauty of the riverbank and the forestry farm to the unique urban setting of Broadway Avenue and the cultural richness of Wanuskewin Heritage Park, Saskatoon has something to offer every filmmaker. With its welcoming community and diverse locations, Saskatoon is a great place to film your next production.